Sunday, September 11, 2016

All About Me

Hello everyone! I am Kate, more interestingly spelled as "K8." I was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio. I have two sisters, one older and one younger. I have two dogs, or as I like to call them "rats" because they are so small. Back home I attended Archbishop Alter High School where I played soccer, basketball, as well as ran track and cross country. Running is for sure my favorite of all the sports, as cross country and track were the only sports I participated in for all four years of high school. I was fortunate to participate in 3 state championship meets during that time, one of which included a second place team finish http://www.daytondailynews.com/videos/news/alters-4x800-relay-regional-winners/vDqpTd/ Running is still an activity that i very much enjoy. 

I am a freshman at the College of Charleston.https://www.cofc.edu/ I am a marine biology major, which is what brought me down to this beautiful city. I hope to one day enter the research field of marine biology. I have always had a strong love for animals and science. Every since I was a little girl my favorite television programs were Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. I even had my birthday party at the zoo, as back then I aspired to be a zookeeper one day.

Since move in day I have participated in rush week where I joined the sorority Delta Delta Delta. http://cofc.tridelta.org/ Because a lot of my interests back in high school were sport related, I opted for a different kind of "team" in college, that being my sorority. I have met several friends through this so far and I cant wait to see what the future holds. I have also gotten a job at King Street Cookies, where I attempt to sell the delicious things without temptation to eat all of them. http://www.kingstreetcookies.com/ I am very excited for my classes here at the College of Charleston and for all the new people and experiences that come with it. I hope for an awesome FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment